1,500+ Business Documents

< Go back

Topic: Inheritance tax

land and buildings tenancy in common declaration
File size:

# Pages:

Land and buildings tenancy in common declaration

Land and buildings tenancy-in-common declaration

You may need a tenancy-in-common declaration for a variety of reasons. Use it as evidence to satisfy HMRC that the property is now actually owned in unequal proportions.

Split to your needs

A Tenancy-in-common Declaration is usually used when you would like to change the proportion of ownership from an automatic 50:50 split under a joint tenancy. Therefore if you sever a joint tenancy you will need to use this document instead.

This declaration should also be used if you are using a deed of gift to share out your property for inheritance tax reasons - perhaps you would like to give a third to your partner, not previously named on the deeds? Use this declaration to set out the percentage of ownership.


© Indicator - FL Memo Ltd • Telephone: (01233) 653500 • Fax: (01233) 647100 • customer.services@indicator-flm.co.uk • www.indicator-flm.co.uk
Calgarth House, 39-41 Bank Street, Ashford, Kent TN23 1DQ • VAT GB 726 598 394 • Registered in England • Company Registration No. 3599719